Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Plots That Kill

1. Redemption Plot: The character is saved, or saves someone else.

Fulfillment Plot: The character achieves his heart's desire.
  • Genre: Action Thriller
  • The main character in the movie is a former CIA agent which proved useful in saving his daughter life. He tracks down her daughter's whereabouts and kills a lot of people in the mafia in the process.
The movie has a redemption plot since the father must rescue her daughter. Action movies usually have a mission and the main character(s) must complete it. The main character is usually portrayed as a hero while there is another person who is weaker and needs the rescue. Also, it has elements of a fulfillment plot too since the relationship between the father and daughter was strained in the beginning in the end, the daughter is really thankful of her dad for saving her and their relationship got stronger since his dad gives her daughter a chance for a singing career.

2. Describe a potential story that relates to the plot you've selected that you have concieved, experienced or is in the news.


Since most action films has a hero that defeats the bad guy and save the good guy, I want my theme to be the same way even though it isn't unique, but I do want the hero to be a girl instead of the typical boy and the "supposed hero" is actually the bad guy due to coruption or such while the bad guys are the good guys and are misunderstood or such. The movie Taken has strong, defining action genre so I want to incorporate the elements into my own movie. I want my story to be fast paced and seemed rush like it's racing against time. I want to make my movie serious and dramatic with tensions building up so I want to use slow motion to create this effect. For narrative, I want movie to be shot through the bad guys and the heroine's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment